- All information provided in the website is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the UNESCO and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. Information on the website is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the website makes no guarantees of any kind.
- The website may contain information that is created and maintained by a variety of sources both internal and external to UNESCO and other registered partners. These sites may be unmoderated forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post the entries.
- UNESCO does not control, monitor or guarantee the information contained in these sites or information contained in links to other external web sites, and does not endorse any views expressed or products or services offered therein. In no event shall UNESCO be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource
Disclaimer of use
UNESCO does not warrant that the information, documents and materials contained in its website is complete and correct and shall not be liable whatsoever for any damages incurred as a result of its use.
Authorizing the use of the name, acronym and/or logo of UNESCO is the prerogative of the General Conference and the Executive Board. In specific cases as set out by the Directives, the governing bodies empower, by delegation, the Director-General and the National Commissions for UNESCO to authorize such use to other bodies. The power to authorize the use of the name, acronym, logo and/or Internet domain names of UNESCO may not be granted to other bodies.
Any decision authorizing the use of the name, acronym, logo and/or domain names of UNESCO shall be based on the following criteria:
- relevance of the proposed association to the Organization’s strategic objectives and programme;
- compliance with the values, principles and constitutional aims of UNESCO.
The use of the name, acronym, logo and/or domain name must be expressly authorized in advance and in writing, and must comply with the specified conditions and procedures, in particular with respect to its visual presentation, duration and scope.
Fraudulent behaviour and phishing
Some cases of individuals claiming to act on behalf of UNESCO have been reported to the Organization by means of “phishing” and/or fraudulent emails. Please note that UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of UNESCO and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org For complete, accurate and up-to-date information on UNESCO vacancies, please only use the following address: http://www.unesco.org/careers
All photographs, video, audio and text content as well as other elements of the website are protected by international treaties on intellectual property and other applicable laws. The elements its displays may not be copied or retransmitted by any means without explicit authorization from UNESCO or partner organization as the copyright holders.
|Intellectual Property||License source||License / Read Usage Terms|
|© UNESCO||see Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 IGO|
|non © UNESCO||Nomination File||
Format for the nomination of properties for registration on ACRONYM WEBSITE (Online Platform – Persons with Disabilities) – Registration template
Partners are encouraged to grant to UNESCO, in written form and free of charge, the non exclusive cession of rights to diffuse, to communicate to the public, to publish, to reproduce, to exploit, in any form and on any support, including digital, all or part of the images provided and license these rights to third parties.
The non exclusive cession of rights does not impinge upon intellectual property rights rights of the photographer / director of the video, audio, text or copyright owner if different) and that when the images are distributed by UNESCO a credit to the photographer / director of the video is always given, if clearly provided in the form.
|non © UNESCO||Not property of UNESCO, property of third parties, copyright holders, who authorize the UNESCO/ACRONYM WEBSITE (Online Platform – Persons with Disabilities) to display and distribute them. Any use of photographs, videos, audio and text content require a separate request for authorization from copyright holders|
|non © UNESCO||Not property of UNESCO, property of third parties, copyright holders, who authorize the UNESCO/ ACRONYM WEBSITE (Online Platform – Persons with Disabilities) to display and distribute them. Any use of photographs requires a separate request for authorization from copyright holders.|
|non © UNESCO||Creative Commons Licenses||see https://creativecommons.org/licenses/|
|Public Domain||Public Domain|
|No copyrights||No license source|
We welcome links to this website and ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- Do not incorporate any content from this site into your site e.g., by in-lining, framing or creating other browser or border environments around the website content. You may only link to, not replicate content.
- Unless we enter into a specific written agreement with you, you may not use any UNESCO or the website’s names, emblems, designs, abstracts or service marks in or with your links, except that you may link to the website using the plain text name of that site or the plain text. For further information about Partnership development see PACT regulatory framework.
- Your site should make every effort not to present false information about UNESCO or the website.
- You may not sell, license, or otherwise assign the use of any material from UNESCO’s or the web site.
- Do not present the link to UNESCO or the website in any way which would suggest that UNESCO or the website have any relationship or affiliation with your site or endorses your site, products or services, unless there is a specific written agreement between our two entities.
- Do not use any of UNESCO or the website names, emblems, designs, abstracts or service marks or any other words or codes identifying UNESCO’s website or the current web site in any “metatag” or other information used by search engines or other information location tools to identify and select sites, without UNESCO express written permission for a particular use.
- Your site should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive, controversial or that is in any way incompatible with the aims and principles of UNESCO.
- UNESCO and operates this web site from UNESCO’s headquarters in Paris, France. If you use UNESCO and the website materials from locations outside of France, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws.
- UNESCO and the current website may at any time revise this Linking Policy. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current version of the policy
The current website makes some of its web content available via syndication XML/RSS/KML/XLS). An RSS icon appears on the syndication page, indicating those sections available for syndication. Whether you register as a subscriber or not, you must observe the following rules
- This website and its content is protected by international law. Any republication, online or in any other form, of any UNESCO or the website data requires prior written authorization.
- Individuals or organizations may ask for written permission to syndicate the content of the sections that are specifically made available as indicated by the availability of the RSS icons mentioned above) for personal, non-commercial use, without fee. For more information, or to obtain an authorization, contact us.
- No modifications may be made to the content of any material that is syndicated. Changes you may make are limited to display typeface, typeface size, typeface color, and linebreaks.
- You may not sell, license, or otherwise assign the use of any of the material contained in UNESCO and the current website. Each syndication use must include a link back to the UNESCO and the website home page: https://.... as well as the specific item’s page. The correct reference is included in the Channel Link element of the XML/RSS/KML/XLS feed.
- Each syndication use must include the following copyright notice: “Copyright © 2019 – [current year] UNESCO/Online Platform – Persons with Disabilities. All rights reserved.” The correct reference is included in the Channel Description element of the XML/RSS/KML/XLS feed.
- Syndication feeds are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. UNESCO and the current website reserve the right to cancel this service at any time, without notice.
Policy: Specific Requests
- Sections that are not made available for syndication as indicated by the availability of the XML/RSS/KML/XLS icons mentioned above) may not be “scraped” or otherwise syndicated in any manner.
- Individuals or organizations who wish to syndicate specific material must obtain a specific XML subscription and licence from UNESCO and the current website. This will imply a fee. UNESCO and the website reserve the right to deny syndication licences at its sole discretion. For more information, or to obtain an authorization, contact us